4 Delicious Homemade Chicken Recipes – You’ll Be Obsess With Them
Everyone loves homemade chicken recipes and this includes me, there’s just something about the taste of a homemade chicken recipe and I don’t care what anyone says. In fact I like to prepare them at home so that my family can enjoy it just as much as I do. In this post I’m sharing with you 4 different delicious homemade chicken recipes which can be prepared easily at home.
1 – Pesto Chicken
Preparation: 10 min | Cooking: 20 min | Servings: 2
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. ginger, sliced
- 65 grams coriander
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Add all the ingredients except chicken into the blender and blend until Smooth.
2. Pour blended mixture into a large bowl.
3. Add chicken and stir well to coat. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
4. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
5. Place marinated chicken into the air fryer basket and cook at 200 degrees C for 20 min. Turn halfway through.
6. Serve and enjoy.
Calories 305; Fat 19 g; Carbohydrates 5 g; Sugar 0.7 g; Protein 25 g
2 – Chicken Wings with Honey And Sesame
Preparation: < 30 mins | Cooking: 10-30 minutes | Servings: 1–2
- 450–500g chicken wings with tips removed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. cornflour
- 1 tbsp. runny honey
- 1 tsp. soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 large spring onion, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Take a large bowl, toss together chicken wings, olive oil and a generous amount of salt and black pepper.
2. Toss in the cornflour, one tablespoon at a time, until the wings are well
3. Air-fry the chicken wings in a single layer for 25 minutes, 180°C, turning halfway through.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, make the glaze by whisking together the soy sauce, honey, rice, wine vinegar and toasted sesame oil.
5. Now tip the cooked wings into the glaze, tossing until coated. Place them in the Air Fryer in a single layer for another 5 minutes.
6. Toss the wings in the remaining glaze. Now sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds and the spring onion.
Calories: 544; Fat: 32.5g; Protein: 37.5g; Carbs: 23.5g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 9 g
3 – Chicken Breast
Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking: 15 minutes | Servings: 2
- Wax paper or plastic wrap
- 2 skinless/boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground oregano
1. Put your chicken breasts between a few sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap and use a meat pounder until the chicken is evenly thick.
2. Make the blackened seasoning by mixing paprika, salt, onion powder, the
3 types of pepper, ground cumin, ground oregano. Check that the spices are well mixed.
3. Dredge the chicken in the seasoning spice mixture.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the Air Fryer basket. Temperature to 145°C, cook for 8 minutes.
5. After 8 minutes, remove the basket, turn the chicken breasts over. Set the temperature to 180°C and cook for 6 more minutes.
Calories: 355.5; Fat: 18.5 g; Protein: 41.5 g; Carbs: 1 g; Fiber: 0 g; Sugar: 0 g
4 – Chicken Strips
Preparation: < 30 minutes | Cooking: 10-30 minutes | Servings: 3
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 5 tbsp. plain yogurt
- ¼ tsp. salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 tbsp. plain flour
- 6 tbsp. panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic granules
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 free-range egg
- olive oil cooking spray
For the creamy honey mustard dip:
- 1 tbsp. runny honey
- 1 tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard½ tbsp. wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp. white wine vinegar
1. To marinate the chicken, mix garlic, yogurt and salt. Cut the chicken into 3cm wide strips, marinate in the yogurt mixture for 20 minutes or more.
2. Take a medium bowl and mix the flour, paprika, breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper, garlic granules and a good amount of salt and pepper to create a dredging mixture. Take another small bowl, beat the egg and add salt, pepper.
3. Shake off any excess yogurt from each of the chicken strips before dipping it first in the egg, then in the dredging mixture. Use different hands for wet and dry ingredients.
4. Spray the bottom of the Air Fryer basket with olive oil spray, arrange a single layer of chicken strips in the bottom. Spray the top of the strips with oil before air-frying for 15 minutes, 200°C, turning roughly halfway through. Repeat until all the strips are cooked (work in batches).
5. Meanwhile, mix all the ingredients for the creamy honey mustard dip in a small bowl, set aside.
Calories: 452; Fat: 15.5g; Protein: 36g; Carbs: 38g; Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 2.5g